If you are one of today's M.C.s, click here.
OUT (WITH NEIGHBORS)
- New series in 2 weeks called Breakable
- March-May: Forge Minneapolis. More info next week.
- Online service testers needed. Contact Mark.
- Check out http://createchurch.org/read for info on our book study. While purchasing the book is not required, you will get the most out of the series if you are reading along with us 1 chapter a day.
- http://momschurch.com and http://zombiechurch.org are now up for testing
- Through March: Women's Huddles (every 2 weeks), Men's Huddles (every 4 weeks), Adult's Night Out (every 8 weeks)
UP (with God)
Topic intro and split into groups of 3-5 people to keep discussion moving.
IN (WITH EACH OTHER)
Dinner and Dessert
Create Church as a startup
- Startup's definition: an organization designed to create new (products and) services under conditions of extreme uncertainty.
- Startup's most vital function: learning. Which elements of our strategy are working to realize our vision and which are just crazy.
- Startup's job: (1) rigorously measure where it is right now, confronting the hard truths that assessment reveals, and then (2) devise experiments to learn how to move the real numbers closer to the ideal reflected in the vision.
- Validated learning (scientific testing and measuring of what is valuable). Assumption testing. Waste elimination.
- 2015 tactics: Smoke testing, AB testing, new minimum viable products (MVP). Many experiments coming in 2015.
Starting January 4 we are going through the book "The End of Religion." Purchase a book to get the most from this study. Bring a friend who has serious questions about God or who you think would enjoy this study.
Sync to the Calendar
More sync options on our calendar page.
100% of gifts are invested into advancing our mission to go and make communities of disciples in every people group.
If this is valuable to you or you consider Create your church
Ask Jesus about your relationship with money. Which master has your heart?
Give a gift that moves your heart and feel God’s delight in you!
2 Cor 8-9
Create Church operate with financial transparency. Please e-mail email@example.com if you would like to serve with the generosity team.
4 Ways to give:
1) PLACE CASH OR CHECKs IN THE BLACK BOX
Please make checks out to "Create." You can also mail checks to Create Church, 12299 Champlin Dr Suite 201, Champlin MN 55316.
2) 1-TIME SETUP OF SCHEDULED GIVING (RECOMMENDED)
Send your gift to or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our 1 chapter a day reading plan
more on our reading plan: My Daily Muse
We are a
It's Valentine's week, so it's a good time to evaluate our personal love levels.
When I was a kid, I liked to irritate my brother.
(give an example. what would your parents do to try and help you get along?)
One of the things people don't like about Christianity is they feel it is all about the rules. Similarly, many Christians have a hard time reconciling all the rules and laws in the Old Testament and whatever the new rules are supposed to be when Jesus came. How do we figure this out? Are there loopholes? And what does Jesus show us about our attitudes the rules? Is a rule-filled life the best way to live.
We will split up and read a chapter today from "The End of Religion." As you are reading, examine your own love level.
SPLIT UP INTO GROUPS OF 3-5 PEOPLE
Say hi to each person.
Anyone read 1 and 2 below.
- Say your names and in 1 minute or less, share about something you used to do to irritate a sibling or a parent..
- Pick a Discussion Mover (DM) for today. This person's job is to (1) b vulnerable (2) keep discussion moving (3) make the "do it" section as impactful as possible. You can nominate a DM, spin something to choose someone, or ask the group if you can volunteer.
- DM: Ask: what the group's expectations for this discussion? Is this a place where we can be honest with each other? Do we want Jesus to speak to us? Are we willing to follow Him? Pray for God to speak with you and guide you.
Read and discuss
Read Chapter 19 from the book "The End of Religion" and discuss the questions in the Q & Eh section at the end. Choose as a group how you will take turns reading. The book is loaded in the Kindle App of the iPads and iPods. If you would like to read it with us, find the reading plan and book information here.
DM: Before we go, I want to encourage you to experience your relationship with Jesus through the following invitation. In February, we are exploring the idea of what it means to act as a missionary.
ACT AS A MISSIONARY
God has already sent you. God has already sent you. As a community of Jesus people, we are a collective of missionaries. Stay mindful of opportunities to engage in mission on your day-to-day journey. Look for where Jesus is already at work and join Him in what He is doing. Ask yourself how you responded to his promptings and if there were any instances or opportunities where you resisted Jesus during the day. Describe your adventures in a journal if you use one.
- Do you have a journal?
- How does the idea of acting as a missionary make you feel?
- What does Jesus think about this?
- Choose one person to pray for each person regarding acting as a missionary.
Feel alive, joyful, healthy and whole this new year
by adopting these simple, relational, empowering practices:
CARVE OUT TIME TO HEAR THE HOLY SPIRIT
INTRODUCed Jan 2015
Commit to at least one hour per week of listening to the Holy Spirit. Some may choose to take a prayer walk or a once-per-week time of solitude and listening to God. Others may segment their hour into daily increments of ten minutes per day for six days of the week. The point is to have a specific time of just listening in silence, not speaking or asking for anything, just letting the Lord speak to you. What is He asking you to do? Who is He putting on your heart? Take notes or journal to write down distracting thoughts and capture what you hear. Verify with scripture, the character of Jesus, and those in church community with you, and immediately put His words into practice.
READ A CHAPTER A DAY FROM THE BIBLE
introduced Fall 2013
Pay special attention to learn more about Jesus, his ways and means. Ask God to speak to you as you read, and do what He says. Discuss what you read with others. Write what you are doing and learning in a journal. Sometime we read sections of a book together. Invest in your personal and family growth by reading and attending things will help you grow into who God created you to be. Sign up for the daily reading at http://mydailymuse.org.
#GARDEN #LAB #UP
introduced Summer 2014
Eat 2 meals each week with others. 1 with someone IN your faith community, 1 with somone OUT who, as far as you know, is not a Christ-follower from the places you live, work, or play. Practice generous hospitality and invite people into your life. Around the table, gospel things happen. Your IN meal is a great place for a Huddle conversation, where you share about your life, what God has been saying to you, and what you've been doing about it.
#GARDEN #LAB #IN #OUT
ACT AS A MISSIONARY
INtroduced Feb 2015
God has already sent you. As a community of Jesus people, we are a collective of missionaries. Stay mindful of opportunities to engage in mission on your day-to-day journey. Look for where Jesus is already at work and join Him in what He is doing. Ask yourself how you responded to his promptings and if there were any instances or opportunities where you resisted Jesus during the day. Describe your adventures in a journal if you use one.
#LAUNCHPAD #LAB #OUT
TELL YOUR STORY
Tell your story to someone this week. Listen to others' stories. Be humble and vulnerable. Telling your story doesn't mean to tell your whole life story, rather it means to tell the truth about who you are, and use words to share things about your life that will help people see the work of Jesus in your life. The listening side of this is the drawing out of other people's stories. Ask great questions. Listen intently. Don't "one up." Pray for others, and tell them you are praying for them Be present in your relationships and conversations, and be aware that God is already at work in your lives and desires to help you go one step forward into the story He created you to live.
#LAUNCHPAD #LAB #OUT
EXTEND A BLESSING
You are blessed to be a blessing, so give something that would be received as good news to 2 people each week – for 1 person in your Christian community and to someone who is not following Jesus from where your live, work, or play. Blessings can range from a simple encouragement to a small gift or gesture. Recommended is finding a something to do with someone that would be a blessing. Use great discernment and transparency with your loved ones when extending blessings to someone of the opposite sex.
#LAUNCHPAD #LAB #IN #OUT
Coming March 2015: Forge Minneapolis
Discover what you are made to do.
Believe that you are a minister, and that God has already sent you on a mission to represent Jesus with the people where you live, work, and play.
Step into the adventure of asking Jesus to give you His heart for the people in your neighborhood you already live in or group that you already identify with.
Are you equipped to make a Jesus-like impact in your world? Go on a 3-month mission trip without quitting your job, leaving your neighborhood, or hanging up your hobbies. This is a chance to invest time in the lab of learning and start to launch out in love with the community He puts on your heart.
A full 9-month mission trip starts September 2015.