If you are one of today's M.C.s, click here.
- We believe that each follower of Jesus is a minister. Our gatherings are a place to be an encouragement to each other. We believe your family is already positioned to be on mission where you live, work, and play. We're here to say "go for it!" and to hear your stories.
Kids dismissed for Create Kids
- New location through May: Elm Creek Community Church in Maple Grove (map)
- Easter next week. Online service at 9am. Or, visit a church of your choice or one of our partner churches (Osseo Church, Elm Creek Church).
- April 12-June 7: Forge Minneapolis Preview (AKA "Missional Essentials)
- June-August: At Andrews park
- Online service testers needed. Contact Mark.
- http://momschurch.com and http://zombiechurch.org are now up for testing
- Through March: Women's Huddles (every 2 weeks), Men's Huddles (every 4 weeks), Adult's Night Out (every 8 weeks)
Discussion and report on human trafficking
Sync to the Calendar
More sync options on our calendar page.
100% of gifts are invested into advancing our mission to go and make communities of disciples in every people group.
Would you give to advance the Create Church experiment?
Ask Jesus about your relationship with money. Which master has your heart?
Give a gift that moves your heart and feel God’s delight in you!
2 Cor 8-9
Create Church operate with financial transparency. Please e-mail email@example.com if you would like to serve with the generosity team.
INtroducing 10 second giving with Pushpay
Learn more by visiting https://pushpay.com/pay/createchurch
You can also PLACE CASH OR CHECKs IN THE BLACK BOX
Please make checks out to "Create." Or mail checks to Create Church, 12299 Champlin Dr Suite 201, Champlin MN 55316. You can also give by online check. If you want to manage your online check giving, log in here.
Join our 1 chapter a day reading plan
more on our reading plan: My Daily Muse
SPLIT UP INTO GROUPS OF 3-5 PEOPLE
SAY HI TO EACH OTHER!
Someone JUMP IN AND READ THE FOLLOWING
- Starting with me, let's each say our names and a favorite childhood toy.
As a group, answer the following
- How did Jesus treat the sexually broken? Use your phones or iPads to find examples and be prepared to share one with everyone.
- If Jesus were you, what would He do to help?
- Come up with an idea or two of how we could help as a group. The best idea may have a way for us to do something with others, not just to or for.
- As a group, we are going to pick a Discussion Mover (DM) for today. This person's job is to (1) be vulnerable (2) keep discussion moving (3) make the "do it" section as impactful as possible. We can nominate a DM, spin something to choose someone, or ask the group if you can volunteer.
DM read the following:
- What are a couple of expectations for our discussion today?
- Is this a safe place where we can be honest with each other?
- Do we want Jesus to speak to us? Are we willing to follow Him?
DM please pray and simply ask God to speak with you and be with your group.
DM: lead the "DO It" section
ADOPT THE PRACTICES OF JESUS WITH US
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SIMPLE, RELATIONAL, EMPOWERING PRACTICES OF JESUS WE CHALLENGE EACH PERSON TO FORM INTO HEALTHY LIFE-FORMING HABITS
EAT TOGETHER: KEY QUESTION – WHO CAN YOU SIMPLY EAT WITH THIS WEEK?
Eat meals with people Jesus would eat with. Practice generous hospitality and invite people into your life. When eating with other Christ-followers you may want to encourage one another, share about your lives, talk about what God has been saying to you and what you've been doing about it.
New tactics for 2015
Starting church communities around common passions.
We are a
Create Church as a startup
- Startup's definition: an organization designed to create new (products and) services under conditions of extreme uncertainty.
- Startup's most vital function: learning. Which elements of our strategy are working to realize our vision and which are just crazy.
- Startup's job: (1) rigorously measure where it is right now, confronting the hard truths that assessment reveals, and then (2) devise experiments to learn how to move the real numbers closer to the ideal reflected in the vision.
- Validated learning (scientific testing and measuring of what is valuable). Assumption testing. Waste elimination.
- 2015 tactics: Smoke testing, AB testing, new minimum viable products (MVP). Many experiments coming in 2015.
Coming March 2015: Forge Minneapolis
Discover what you are made to do.
Believe that you are a minister, and that God has already sent you on a mission to represent Jesus with the people where you live, work, and play.
Step into the adventure of asking Jesus to give you His heart for the people in your neighborhood you already live in or group that you already identify with.
Are you equipped to make a Jesus-like impact in your world? Go on a 3-month mission trip without quitting your job, leaving your neighborhood, or hanging up your hobbies. This is a chance to invest time in the lab of learning and start to launch out in love with the community He puts on your heart.
A full 9-month mission trip starts June 2015.