If you are one of today's M.C.s, click here.
- We believe that each follower of Jesus is automatically a minister. Each family is designed to be on mission where they live, work, and play. Today we will be celebrating this with a baby and family dedication.
Kids dismissed for Create Kids
- New location through May: Elm Creek Community Church in Maple Grove (map)
- Now through Easter: Ashes to Fire Series
- April 12-June 7: Forge Minneapolis Preview.
- June-August: At Andrews park
- Online service testers needed. Contact Mark.
- http://momschurch.com and http://zombiechurch.org are now up for testing
- Through March: Women's Huddles (every 2 weeks), Men's Huddles (every 4 weeks), Adult's Night Out (every 8 weeks)
Topic intro and split into groups. After a discussion we will call the kids back in for the baby and family dedication.
Baby and Family Dedication
Sync to the Calendar
More sync options on our calendar page.
If you are interested in the Ashes to Fire daily devotional, click here.
100% of gifts are invested into advancing our mission to go and make communities of disciples in every people group.
Would you give to advance the Create Church experiment?
Ask Jesus about your relationship with money. Which master has your heart?
Give a gift that moves your heart and feel God’s delight in you!
2 Cor 8-9
Create Church operate with financial transparency. Please e-mail email@example.com if you would like to serve with the generosity team.
INtroducing 10 second giving with Pushpay
Learn more by visiting https://pushpay.com/pay/createchurch
You can also PLACE CASH OR CHECKs IN THE BLACK BOX
Please make checks out to "Create." Or mail checks to Create Church, 12299 Champlin Dr Suite 201, Champlin MN 55316. You can also give by online check. If you want to manage your online check giving, log in here.
Join our 1 chapter a day reading plan
more on our reading plan: My Daily Muse
SPLIT UP INTO GROUPS OF 3-5 PEOPLE
SAY HI TO EACH OTHER!
Someone JUMP IN AND READ THE FOLLOWING.
- Say your names and in a few seconds each, share about a baby in your life.
- As a group, we are going to pick a Discussion Mover (DM) for today. This person's job is to (1) be vulnerable (2) keep discussion moving (3) make the "do it" section as impactful as possible. We can nominate a DM, spin something to choose someone, or ask the group if you can volunteer.
DM read the following:
- What are a couple of expectations for our discussion today?
- Is this a safe place where we can be honest with each other?
- Do we want Jesus to speak to us? Are we willing to follow Him?
DM please pray and simply ask God to speak with you and be with your group.
TAKE TURNS READING THE THE FOLLOWING VERSES
AFTER EACH VERSE, SOMEONE SHARE A WAY YOU HAVE SEEN EXPERIENCED SOMETHING RELATED TO THE PASSAGE IN YOUR LIFE OR IN YOUR FAMILY. BRIEFLY DISCUSS EACH VERSE AS YOU CHOOSE, BUT TRY TO GET THROUGH THEM ALL IN THE TIME DESIGNATED.
- Psalms 127:3 Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
- 1 Samuel 1:26-28 She said, "Oh, my lord! As your soul lives, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you, praying to the LORD. "For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him. "So I have also dedicated him to the LORD; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the LORD " And he worshiped the LORD there.
- Luke 2:2 And when the days for their purification according to the law of Moses were completed, they brought Him (Jesus) up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord
- Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
- Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Psalms 127:3-5 Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate.
- Mark 10:13-16 And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
- Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
- Mark 10:16 And He took them in His arms and began blessing them, laying His hands on them.
- Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
- Luke 2:40 The Child continued to grow and become strong, increasing in wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.
- Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
- Luke 18:15-17 And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
- Numbers 6:24-26 The LORD bless you, and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.'
- Matthew 18:10 "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
- James 1:17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
- Proverbs 17:6 Grandchildren are the crown of old men, And the glory of sons is their fathers.
- Deuteronomy 4:9 "Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons.
- Proverbs 29:17 Correct your son, and he will give you comfort; He will also delight your soul.
- Psalms 115:14 May the LORD give you increase, You and your children.
- Isaiah 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,
- Deuteronomy 11:19 "You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up.
- Psalms 139:15-16 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
- Exodus 13:2 "Sanctify to Me every firstborn, the first offspring of every womb among the sons of Israel, both of man and beast; it belongs to Me."
- Nehemiah 12:27 Now at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem they sought out the Levites from all their places, to bring them to Jerusalem so that they might celebrate the dedication with gladness, with hymns of thanksgiving and with songs to the accompaniment of cymbals, harps and lyres.
- Ephesians 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.
- Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
- 1 Peter 5:5 You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
- Proverbs 1:8-9 Hear, my son, your father's instruction And do not forsake your mother's teaching; Indeed, they are a graceful wreath to your head And ornaments about your neck.
- Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near when you will say, "I have no delight in them"
Baby and family dedication
parents dedicating children and their families to God are invited forward
Extended family and other children are also invited to join them. The parents are invited to respond to all questions by saying "we do" or "we will." Each segment is read by a minister or family member.
When the parents or guardians have presented themselves with the child (or children) proceed with the following:
OPA: “Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these’” (Matthew 19:13-14).
Do you today recognize these children as the gifts of God and give heartfelt thanks for God’s blessing?
NANA: In presenting this child for dedication you signify not only your devotion to following Jesus, but also your desire that he (she) may follow the way of Jesus all the days of his (her) life. Will you, with God's help, make it your regular prayer that, by God’s grace, your children will come to trust in Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of their sins and for the fulfillment of all His promises to them, even eternal life; and in this faith follow Jesus as Lord and obey his teachings?
GRANDPA: Do you promise to provide, through God’s blessing and the help of the church, for the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of your children, looking to your own heavenly Father for the wisdom, love and strength to serve them?
GRANDMA: Will you, with God’s fatherly help, bring up your children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord, making every reasonable effort, with your example and Christ's love in you, to build the Word of God, the character of Christ and the joy of the Lord into their lives?
CHURCH MINISTER 1: I now ask you, the church; will you, as the Body of Christ, support and encourage this family as they endeavor to fulfill their responsibilities to this child and to assist ______________ by nurturing his (her) growth toward an adventurous life of following Jesus?
CHURCH MINISTER 2: Our loving Heavenly Father, we stand with this family and dedicate ________________ in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. We also commission this family to serve with each other and with you, Jesus – in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
CHURCH MINISTER 1: Everyone is invited to stand up and gather around around these friends as they dedicate themselves to God. Would 2 or 3 people please pray for this family, and then someone will close us in prayer.
CHURCH MINISTER 2: Heavenly Father, we humbly pray that You will take this child into Your loving care. Abundantly enrich him (her), shape him (her), and lead him (her) with your love; bring him (her) through the perils of childhood with great faith; deliver him (her) from the temptations of youth; lead him (her) to a personal relationship with Jesus; help him (her) to grow in wisdom, and in stature, and in favor with God and all people. Uphold this family with loving care, that with wise counsel and holy example they may faithfully love this child and You their creator. Help this family to serve you together as they join their passions with your mission for them. Give them great compassion and many opportunities to share your life with the people where they live, work, and play. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Learn more about Baby and Family Dedication
If you are interested in baby and family dedication for your family, please fill out the form below.
DM: lead the "DO It" section
ADOPT THE PRACTICES OF JESUS WITH US
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SIMPLE, RELATIONAL, EMPOWERING PRACTICES OF JESUS WE CHALLENGE EACH PERSON TO FORM INTO HEALTHY LIFE-FORMING HABITS
EAT TOGETHER: KEY QUESTION – WHO CAN YOU SIMPLY EAT WITH THIS WEEK?
Eat meals with people Jesus would eat with. Practice generous hospitality and invite people into your life. When eating with other Christ-followers you may want to encourage one another, share about your lives, talk about what God has been saying to you and what you've been doing about it.
New tactics for 2015
Starting church communities around common passions.
We are a
Create Church as a startup
- Startup's definition: an organization designed to create new (products and) services under conditions of extreme uncertainty.
- Startup's most vital function: learning. Which elements of our strategy are working to realize our vision and which are just crazy.
- Startup's job: (1) rigorously measure where it is right now, confronting the hard truths that assessment reveals, and then (2) devise experiments to learn how to move the real numbers closer to the ideal reflected in the vision.
- Validated learning (scientific testing and measuring of what is valuable). Assumption testing. Waste elimination.
- 2015 tactics: Smoke testing, AB testing, new minimum viable products (MVP). Many experiments coming in 2015.
Coming March 2015: Forge Minneapolis
Discover what you are made to do.
Believe that you are a minister, and that God has already sent you on a mission to represent Jesus with the people where you live, work, and play.
Step into the adventure of asking Jesus to give you His heart for the people in your neighborhood you already live in or group that you already identify with.
Are you equipped to make a Jesus-like impact in your world? Go on a 3-month mission trip without quitting your job, leaving your neighborhood, or hanging up your hobbies. This is a chance to invest time in the lab of learning and start to launch out in love with the community He puts on your heart.
A full 9-month mission trip starts June 2015.