(If you are one of today's M.C.s, click here.)
What's happenin' at Create Church
Start the Campfire
- We believe that each follower of Jesus is a minister. Our gatherings are a place to encourage each other as we live life on a mission of Christ-like love. We believe your family has already been sent on a mission with Jesus where you live, work, and play. We're here to say "go for it!" and to share stories of how God is creating new life.
Kids dismissed for CREATE Kids
Coming Next (see below)
Discussion and Prayer
Sync to the Calendar
More sync options on our calendar page.
100% of gifts are invested into advancing our mission to go and make communities of disciples in unreached people groups in the communities around us
Would you give to advance the Create Church experiment?
Ask Jesus about your relationship with money. Which master has your heart?
Give a gift that moves your heart and feel God’s delight in you!
2 Cor 8-9
Create Church operates with financial transparency. Please e-mail email@example.com if you would like to serve with the generosity team.
INtroducing 10 second giving with Pushpay
Just text "create" to 77977 or visit Pushpay to get started! Or, download the app to set up recurring giving.
Make an impact
Join our 1 chapter a day reading plan
small group discussion
SPLIT UP INTO GROUPS OF 3-4 PEOPLE
SAY HI TO EACH OTHER! SOMEONE JUMP IN AND READ THE FOLLOWING 2 steps:
- To start things off, let's each say our names and a favorite childhood toy. I'll go first.
- As a group, we are going to pick a Discussion Mover (DM) for today. This person's job is to (1) be vulnerable (2) keep discussion moving (3) make the "do it" section as impactful as possible. We can nominate a DM, spin something to choose someone, or ask the group if you can volunteer. d
Next, Discussion Mover (DM), read the following:
- What are a couple of expectations for our discussion today?
- Is this a safe place where we can be honest with each other?
- As Jesus leads us today, are we willing to follow Him?
DM please pray and simply ask God to speak with you and be with your group.
Read the following passage
Take turns reading the following passage from today's Daily Jesus Story reading:
15:1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.
“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’
“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.
- Walk the yard to find an object in the yard to illustrate something from this passage. You will present this item and the passage to the group in a few minutes.
- Use the 5 questions at http://dailyjesusstory.com to examine the passage your object illustrates.
- Make a group decision about steps 4 and 5 since you will share these with the group in a presentation.
Present to the group the following
- Your passage
- Your object and how it illustrates your passage
- What you feel God is saying to you about it
- What you are going to do about it
MORE ABOUT CREATE CHURCH
tactics for 2015-2016
Starting SMALL GROUP church communities WITH A MISSION BASED ON common passions AND PATHS
We are a
Learn more about the 6 CREATE practices for personal and family health and growth