Introducing Forge Minneapolis Mission Trips
Dare to take a 9-month mission trip to the places you aLready live, work, and play.
THE FORGE MINNEAPOLIS MISSION TRIP
The Forge Residency is a mission trip experience training men and women to live as missionaries in their neighborhoods.
The Individual Residency (think internship) is a 9-month adventure. There is no quitting school/work or moving to an unfamiliar place for the time of the residency. Although the term we use for participants is "resident," participants will not be living together.
Since the purpose of Forge is send ordinary people on a local missions trip, residents will continue relationships with their neighbors, co-workers, and communities. A resident’s everyday life serves as the learning lab or context for missionary formation.
The Forge mission trip helps to mature each participant as a disciple of Jesus Christ through personal relationships and action-reflection learning in a combination of one-on-one and collaborative learning environments.
Why we do what we do
THIS MISSION TRIP IS FOR SOMEONE WHO
- Is a stay at home mom to a state worker, a grandparent to a college student, a pastor to a part-time barista
- Burns to see lives transformed outside the walls of the local church
- Desires to be trained to understand, live, and communicate the missional way of life
- Wants to be a revolutionary Christ follower right where they live, work and play
- Feels a sense of calling, but doesn't necessarily feel called to conventional vocational ministry or seminary
AFTER THE MINNEAPOLIS MISSION TRIP A FORGE RESIDENT WILL HAVE
- An understanding of the Bible as God’s story of mission
- An understanding of the Church as the community shaped by God’s mission
- An understanding of Discipleship as complete surrender to God and his mission
- An understanding of a paradigm that sees their neighbors not just as prospects to evangelize, but as people recklessly loved by God
- An understanding of the local context and culture as the place of God’s mission
- Imagination to creatively innovate expressions of the above understandings
- Above all, a motivation to personally live out God’s mission and lead others to do the same
HOW THE FORGE MISSION TRIP AND TRAINING HAPPENS
Residents remain connected to their local church by continuing to attend regular gatherings, serving, and worshipping with their fellow believers. Going on this Minneapolis mission trip as will not take the place of being a vital part of your local church body. Forge is not a church planting network, but exists to help individuals on their journey following Jesus Christ by becoming a friend of sinners.
Each resident will be paired up with one coach throughout the mission trip residency. One-on-one meetings take place every 2 weeks for mentorship, training, and encouragement. These meetings will take place in homes, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.
Training material consists of a variety of resources including books, articles, podcasts, videos, etc. from established and accredited scholars, missional leaders, pastors, and practitioners of mission.
Each residency will contain men & women from the Minneapolis area who, in addition to meeting their coach, will gather locally to share a meal and worship together as a community every 6 weeks. All Forge missionaries will also come together for three overnight retreats (Friday-Saturday) to experience extended times of training, inspiration, and mission formation.
The vast majority of learning and training must take place in the organic context of each resident's everyday places and spaces, seeking to understand where they have already been sent them to live on mission. Since the goal of Forge is to create men and women who are missionary-minded in their daily lives, residents are encouraged to continue with their full-time work, school, etc. throughout the 9-months.
The Forge residency mission trip costs $1500. This pays for tuition, meals and lodging for gatherings, books/training materials, etc.
Here's how we break that down:
$150 deposit is due when application is submitted. $150 per month for the remaining 9 months.
Residents are encouraged to bring others on this 9-month mission trip with them by raising these funds, much like any other mission trip. To break this down even further, one would just need 10 people at $15/month.
Financial aid may be available. Please contact the leadership of your local hub.
Next >> CONTACT