(If you are one of today's M.C.s, click here.)
What's happenin' at Create Church
- We believe that each follower of Jesus is a minister. Our gatherings are a place to be an encouragement to each other. We believe your family is already positioned to be on mission with Jesus where you live, work, and play. We're here to say "go for it!" and to share stories.
Kids dismissed for Create Kids
- Location through May: Elm Creek Community Church in Maple Grove (map)
- Starting April 12: Forge Minneapolis Preview (A.K.A. Made for Adventure)
- June-August: At Andrews park
- Online service testers needed. Contact Mark.
- http://momschurch.com (166 users as of 4/10/2015) and http://zombiechurch.org (158 users as of 4/10/2015) are up for testing
- Through May: Women's Huddles (every 2 weeks), Men's Huddles (every 4 weeks), Adult's Night Out (every 8 weeks)
Discussion on Made for Adventure
Sync to the Calendar
More sync options on our calendar page.
100% of gifts are invested into advancing our mission to go and make communities of disciples in every people group.
Would you give to advance the Create Church experiment?
Ask Jesus about your relationship with money. Which master has your heart?
Give a gift that moves your heart and feel God’s delight in you!
2 Cor 8-9
Create Church operate with financial transparency. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to serve with the generosity team.
INtroducing 10 second giving with Pushpay
Learn more by visiting https://pushpay.com/pay/createchurch
You can also PLACE CASH OR CHECKs IN THE BLACK BOX
Please make checks out to "Create." Or mail checks to Create Church, 12299 Champlin Dr Suite 201, Champlin MN 55316. You can also give by online check. If you want to manage your online check giving, log in here.
Join our 1 chapter a day reading plan
(Starting again in May)
more on our reading plan: My Daily Muse
SPLIT UP INTO GROUPS OF 3-5 PEOPLE
SAY HI TO EACH OTHER! SOMEONE JUMP IN AND READ THE FOLLOWING:
- Starting with me, let's each say our names and a favorite childhood toy.
- As a group, we are going to pick a Discussion Mover (DM) for today. This person's job is to (1) be vulnerable (2) keep discussion moving (3) make the "do it" section as impactful as possible. We can nominate a DM, spin something to choose someone, or ask the group if you can volunteer.
After you have identified today's Discussion Mover, DM read the following:
- What are a couple of expectations for our discussion today?
- Is this a safe place where we can be honest with each other?
- As Jesus leads us today, are we willing to follow Him?
DM please pray and simply ask God to speak with you and be with your group.
As a group, Read and answer the following
DM: Conclude with the "DO It" section
We are made to be like JESUS.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SIMPLE, RELATIONAL, EMPOWERING PRACTICES OF JESUS WE CHALLENGE EACH PERSON TO FORM INTO HEALTHY LIFE-FORMING HABITS
EAT TOGETHER: KEY QUESTION – WHO CAN YOU SIMPLY EAT WITH THIS WEEK?
Eat meals with people Jesus would eat with. Practice generous hospitality and invite people into your life. When eating with other Christ-followers you may want to encourage one another, share about your lives, talk about what God has been saying to you and what you've been doing about it.
New tactics for 2015
Starting church communities around common passions.
We are a
Create Church as a startup
- Startup's definition: an organization designed to create new (products and) services under conditions of extreme uncertainty.
- Startup's most vital function: learning. Which elements of our strategy are working to realize our vision and which are just crazy.
- Startup's job: (1) rigorously measure where it is right now, confronting the hard truths that assessment reveals, and then (2) devise experiments to learn how to move the real numbers closer to the ideal reflected in the vision.
- Validated learning (scientific testing and measuring of what is valuable). Assumption testing. Waste elimination.
- 2015 tactics: Smoke testing, AB testing, new minimum viable products (MVP). Many experiments coming in 2015.
More about the Forge Minneapolis Preview
Discover what you are made to do.
Believe that you are a minister, and that God has already sent you on a mission to represent Jesus with the people where you live, work, and play.
Step into the adventure of asking Jesus to give you His heart for the people in your neighborhood you already live in or group that you already identify with.
Are you equipped to make a Jesus-like impact in your world? Go on a 3-month mission trip without quitting your job, leaving your neighborhood, or hanging up your hobbies. This is a chance to invest time in the lab of learning and start to launch out in love with the community He puts on your heart.
A full 9-month mission trip starts October 2015.